4.28.2009

Oracle 11g Scheduler book by Packt Publishing

Mr. Ronald Rood wrote a book on Oracle Scheduler, titled 'Mastering Oracle Scheduler in 11g Oracle Databases' and the book will be out somtime in May. 

When publishers were seeking for technical reviewrs on this book,  I have shown my interest to be part of the reviewers team.  My inital impression on this book was not satisfactory one, I ask myself, a book on Scheduler?.  Beleive me, after reviewing the book, I realized the real strngths of Oracle Scheduler and how it can be utilized flly in complex scenarios.  Now, I am really happy to be part of the reviewers team for this book and I did learn few new Oracle 11g Scheduler enhancements and planning to implement few some of the features that suits to our requirements.

The book is due this May and for more details and pre-order details, you can use the following link:

5 comments:

skymaster said...

Dr. Tim Hall wrote a good book from Rampant Press on the 10g Scheduler so not much has changed in 11g Scheduler.

-Ben

ronr.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for reviewing my book Jaffar, it certainly helped to improve it.

Ronald.

The Human Fly said...

Ronald, it was my pleasure reviewing your book. By the way, Myself along with other two friends, I am going to write a book on Oracle 11g RAC for this publishers.

Jaffar

Hector R. Madrid said...

Jaffar, Packt Publishing originally considered me for writing this book but I offered them to write about not only the scheduler but also some other Oracle tools I wanted to deal with, and Packt liked this idea. So Packt decided to go on with two projects, one for the Oracle tools, and the other for the Scheduler assigned to Ronald. Talking about the Oracle Scheduler is a wide topic by itself, so wide that it can be expanded to a book size.

The Human Fly said...

Thanks for passing by Mr.Vector. Indeed, Oracle Scheduler is a vast subject and deserved a book. Packt has given me your book as a complementary for being TR to Scheduler Book. You might knew that I am currently writing a book on Oracle 11g RAC for them.

Jaffar