If you are planning to migrate your resources from Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle provides variety of tools to achieve this. In this blog post will discuss some of thetools which can be used to migrate Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Workload resources to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
The tools below can be used to identify resources from Oracle cloud infrastructure Classic environments and to migrate to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure tenancy. Using these tools, one can setup required network, and migrate VMs and block storage volumes over the targeted systems.
Tools for migrating infrastructure resources : Compute, VMs and Block Storage
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Discovery and Translation Tool: as the name explains, it is a discovery tool, which assist discovering the resources of different resources in your Cloud Infrastructure Classic environments, such as : compute Classic, Object Storage classic, load balancing classic account. Additionally, it is capable of reporting the items in the specified environment, list of VMs in the source environment and also networking information of the source system.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic VM and Block Storage Tool: This tool automates the process of migrating VMs and Block Storage over to the target environment.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Classic Block Volume Backup and Restore Tool: This tool used to migrate your remote snapshot of storage volumes as well as scheduled backups.
Tools for migrating databases
To migrate databases to Oracle cloud infrastructure, you can use Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Class Database Migration tool. This tool uses Oracle RMAN to create backup and restore the database over the targeted system.
Alternatively, Oracle Data Guard solution also can be used to migrate single or RAC databases to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Tools for migrating Object Storage
- rclone command is used to migrate your object storage data f you don't use the
- If Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Storage Software Appliance is used to store your object data, then you can migrate your data to your account by using the .