11.29.2006

New Job - New Responsibilities.

Its been exactly a month in my new job, how times goes!!!!!.
Previously, I have worked with Saudi Frasi Bank as Sr. Oracle DBA for 2.5 years. Now, I am working with INTRACOM MIDDLE EAST as Sr. Oracle DBA for ITC Project.
Intracom a leading company in Greece got 2 years project with ITC. ITC provides broadband, fiber optics and wireless techologies to various companies, banks and individual customers.
For me its a change working with telecom company having past 5 years of experience in Banking.
During my tenure in the bank, I have carried out many advanced and challnging jobs. It was really a great and unforgatable experience in the bank. All my colleages and my immediate boss were really very good and very cooperative. Despite the fact that I was a consultant, I treated as their employe and bank also provides me couple of Oracle university trainings courses that really helped me to pass my 10g upgrade exam and also the courses on 10gAS was very helpful to understand the technology about Oracle Application Server
Following are few tasks that I had done in the bank with the help of my colleagues:

1. Physical standby database to core banking database.
2.Migrate datawarehouse 1.7TB database from 8i to 9i on AIX, later AIX to HP-Superdom.
3.Complete datawarehouse database restore and recovery.
4. Disaster recovery site for Datawarehouse database.
5.Tuned trading local share market database to achieve heights number of tranaction per second.

Presently, I am responsible for few of known database/applications used in the telecommunications, like, CARMER, REMEDY, EHEALTH and etc.

Futuer plans are to implement heigh availability solutions for applications and database (RAC).

I am also planning to do RAC course in coming months.

Thats all now folks,

Cheers,

Jaffar

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi man! Thanks for the site!


louis vuitton replica

paycheck cash advance online

quick payday cash advance

application loan online personal quick

approval home loan quick

payday paycheck loan cash loan

Index Page

lender loan online payday

cash emergency fast loan loan loan payday quick

home loan calculation

free equifax credit report score

Bye!

The Human Fly said...

Friend, I don't exactly know who you are and what you are.
Please do not post add without my knowledge.
Thanks for comments.

Jaffar

Nicolas Gasparotto said...

Hi Jaffar,
You maybe need to turn on the word verification function to avoid blogspam.
Good luck in your new job,
Best regards,

Anonymous said...

Iam learning database,

HOw to calculate SGA.

Can u classify it with system
resources. such as Available Physical Ram, No. of CPU's etc.

thanks

Anonymous said...

Iam learning database,

HOw to calculate SGA.

Can u classify it with system
resources. such as Available Physical Ram, No. of CPU's etc.

thanks

The Human Fly said...

There is no thump rule for calculating SGA. In fact, you shouldn't go for any.
There are couple of good mealink notes available on metalink site.
Note:1008866.6 - How to determine SGA from (7-10).
It also depends on your application and db type. i.e. OLTP database or DATAWAREHOUE DB.

In my opinion, you should start with the an optimal value and increase gradually upon demand.

From 9i onwards, oracle also help in dynamic sga, where you can set the upperlimit memory size for the sga, using parameter sga_max_size.

In 10g, setting a single sga parameter, sga_target, Orale automatically calculates the optimal value for db_cache_size & shared_pool. It increase and decreases the values upon demand.

Jaffar