After successfully completing Oracle 11g on Red Hat Linux(v4), I thought of creating a new database using DBCA utility instead creating manually. While using DBCA utility to create a new database, I have found following three new changes:
1. If no listener is configured, DBCA utility prompts a message to configure a listener first.
2. Security Settings gives the following options:
- Keep the enhanced 11g default security settings(recommended)These settings include
enabling auditing and a new default password profile.
- Revert to pre-11g default security settings
3. Automatic maintenance task tasks
such as optimizer statistics collection and proactive advisor reports.
The default maintenance windows are 10:00 pm to 2:am on weekdays and all weekend long.
When I count records from v$system_event, surprisingly, I found only 77 records? Is it okay?